JIFFY TRIP CONVENIENCE STORE: “Free Gas for One Year! Grand Opening Sweepstakes”
OFFICIAL RULES NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Oklahoma who are sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of entry. All employees, officers and directors of Jiffy Trip (and its parent and affiliated corporations) (collectively “Hammer Williams, Jiffy Trip”), their promotional partners and promotional agencies (and any of their immediate family or household members) are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. SPONSOR: Jiffy Trip, 1710 West Willow, Suite 200, Enid, Oklahoma 73703.
3. AGREEMENT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Official Rules and to Jiffy Trip’s decisions in all matters related to the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding at its sole discretion.
4. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes period for each participating store begins at 12:01 a.m. CST on the day of its “grand opening” and is open for fifty (50) calendar days, closing at 11:59 p.m. CST on the fiftieth (50th) day. Online entries must be submitted by the end of the period; mail?in entries must be postmarked by the last day of the period. Jiffy Trip’s computer system is the official time? keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Entries received before or after the Sweepstakes period are void. The Sweepstakes at any further stores will continue to run at selected store “grand openings”, as determined by Jiffy Trip, until it elects to end the promotion, which it may do at any time, at its sole discretion.
5. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes period for an applicable store (which are certain of those conducting a “grand opening” while the promotion is in effect), drawing slips will be placed inside the participating store location. You may enter by: (i) completing the in store entry form and liking the Jiffy Trip Facebook page or (ii) mailing a 3x5 card with the code and your name, mailing address (no P.O. boxes), phone number, birthdate and e?mail in a business size envelope to Jiffy Trip, attn: Free Gas Grand Opening Sweepstakes, PO Box 1112, Enid, Oklahoma 73702, postmarked by the last day of the applicable Sweepstakes period. Limit one entry per household, per day. Entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e?mail address provided. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Mail?in entries will be deemed submitted on the date postmarked and must be legible and completed in?full to be valid. Machine duplicated or reproduced entries are not valid. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and may result in disqualification. Any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that entrant’s entries and may result in disqualification. Entry forms become the property of Jiffy Trip and will not be returned.
6. PRIZE: Each prize is awarded in Jiffy Trip gift cards (standard terms and conditions of Jiffy Trip gift cards apply), which may be used to purchase items other than gasoline. Only one prize will be awarded for each participating “grand opening” store. Limit one prize per person. Jiffy Trip will not replace lost, stolen or damaged gift cards. No warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of the prize, whether proper or improper, is made by Jiffy Trip, and it is being provided “as?is.” Prizes may not be sold, assigned, transferred, changed, exchanged, substituted or redeemed for cash. All taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of each winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize.
7. APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: The value of a “year of free gas” is calculated based on an average vehicle use of $50 of gasoline purchased per week. $50 x 52 weeks = $2,600.00 maximum prize allotted.
8. SELECTION/NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: The winner for each participating “grand opening” store will be selected from all eligible entries received for that store in a random drawing conducted by Jiffy Trip’s marketing manager within two (2) calendar weeks of the end of the store’s Sweepstakes period. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes period for the applicable store. Winners will be notified by phone, mail and/or e?mail within two (2) business days of the drawing. If after three (3) attempts, contact is not made with a winner or a winner fails to promptly respond, the prize is forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining valid entries using the procedure specified above. Prizes will generally be presented within fourteen (14) calendar days of notification, as set forth below. All potential winning entries are subject to verification by Jiffy Trip, whose decisions are final.
9. REQUIREMENTS OF WINNER: As a condition of receiving their prize, each winner must: (i) sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release prior to being awarded the prize, which must be notarized at the winner’s cost, or at Jiffy Trip’s discretion otherwise confirm eligibility; (ii) appear in?person at the applicable store at a time to be mutually agreed?upon between the prize winner and Jiffy Trip, but generally no later than fourteen (14) calendar days after the winner is notified that he/she is a winner, for a prize presentation “ceremony” which may include photographs, video or other media capture of the winner and the “ceremony”; and (iii) otherwise comply with the Official Rules. If a winner fails or refuses to meet these conditions, the prize is forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining valid entries using the procedure specified above.
10. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant by entering and each winner by accepting their prize grants to Jiffy Trip a perpetual, worldwide, royalty?free license and right to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the entrant’s or winner’s name, likeness and derivatives thereof in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, consideration, permission or approval.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Jiffy Trip and its officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ii) computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other issues, errors, failures, delayed mail delivery, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human or technical in nature; (iii) technical, hardware, software, electronic, mail or telephone failures of any kind; (vi) lost or unavailable network connections; (vii) fraudulent, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by Jiffy Trip, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (viii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (ix) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes, processing of entries or in the announcement of a prize; (x) late, lost, misdirected, undeliverable, damaged, illegible, stolen or postage?due mail; or (xi) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if possible. Except where prohibited by law, in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ cumulative liability will be limited to two hundred fifty dollars ($250), and in no event shall they be liable for attorneys’ fees and/or experts’ costs. By entering, entrants waive the right to claim additional damages, including but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
12. GENERAL RULES: Jiffy Trip reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Jiffy Trip in its sole discretion. Jiffy Trip reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Jiffy Trip reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Jiffy Trip’s failure to enforce any term of the Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: Any disputes that arise hereunder or are in any manner related to the Sweepstakes shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Iowa without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to all disputes shall be in the applicable state or federal courts located in Garfield County, Oklahoma.
14. PERSONAL INFORMATION/PRIVACY: The personal information collected through the Sweepstakes is subject to the rules set forth in this document. By entering, you agree to the use of your personal information as previously described in this document.
15. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS’ LIST REQUEST: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for a list of the winners, send a self?addressed stamped envelope to Jiffy Trip attn: Free Gas Grand Opening Sweepstakes – Official Rules/Winners List Request, PO Box 1112, Enid, Oklahoma 73703. Requests for winners’ lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes period for the final participating store.